11.20.2013

3 Weeks Too Long

Oh, hi!

Do you all remember me?
Been awhile, hasn't it?

Not that very many of you all noticed or anything, but I haven't blogged in like 3 weeks. I don't know if that's some sort of record for me, but the point is, I've been gone and I've kinda enjoyed it. I've enjoyed even more just reading blogs for fun instead of keeping up with my own.

After the birth of my nephew (aka the last time I blogged), things just got busy and I found that keeping up with life's demands was a tad bit easier without worrying about what to write on this blog. No promises around here to keep things super interesting, but I'm trying to find more time to write because I know it can be enjoyable for me.

In other news, how is it almost Thanksgiving!? This time next week we'll be getting ready to celebrate and I'll be crawling out of bed (and dragging Devin) to watch Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade from start to finish and then FINALLY allowing myself to listen to Christmas music as Santa brings in the start of the official Christmas season at the end of the parade. I can't even believe 2013 is almost over. I'm almost scared to admit that because then how much faster is life going to move in 2014?? Freaks me the heck out...

Also, I bought a new car in the 3 weeks that have passed. Yep, that's right. You've heard me talk about how my ol faithful red car scared me to drive and after 13 years of great use, it finally broke down too much to repair it and still find value in it. So, in a matter of 24 HOURS (!!!), Devin and I had to decide what to do. I'm so very thankful that we found an amazing car for an amazing price. It's SO NICE to have a functioning vehicle! This was the first car I've ever bought, my old one was handed down to me, and can I just say that I truly do feel like an adult now? 

Married. Check.
Job. Check. 
My own bills. Check.
House. Check. 
Car. Check.

Is it sad that I find satisfaction in these things? Like I've somehow made it? But in reality, I am FAR from having it all together. Trust me. But I guess it's nice to have things that are mine and that I'm solely responsible for. #adultstatus

So, other than gaining a new nephew and a new car in the last 3 weeks...That's pretty much all the excitement around these parts. I know this post was totally random, but I knew it was time to blog at least something. I hope all is well with you friends (aka the 2 of you that are probably still around these parts reading)! 

Oh, and let me know what you're eating at Thanksgiving so I can still some fun ideas ;)

The End. 

1 comment:

Allie Tymoczko said...

So happy that you took the time to step away and just enjoy life. Sometimes once our hobbies turn into this weird, sort of... obligation, it tends to suck all the fun out of it.

LIVING life... much more enjoyable ;)